About Me

My photo
- "A life without a bit of craziness is not worth living". - I'm a thinker, even though I often live life with less thinking. - "Rules are made to be broken."

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Identity crisis

To my friends who talk about identity.

I am Romanian. Like many of my U.S. Romanian friends, I don't live in Romania. Romania and her history lives in me.
I have all sorts of Romanian palls around me. Most  - even those who have lived here more years than in Romania - still call themselves "Romanians" first (and "Americans", second). I do know those few who think they are "different than the other Romanians".

To them I say: you are who you feel you are. But if you don't have a sense of your own identity anymore, the only thing you can be is: LOST.

Denisa

No comments:

Post a Comment